Saturday, March 17, 2018

So it begins..

I am trying to find the most effective way to schedule shooting as well as editing in a mannerly way. I do not want this film opening to be rushed and I want it to be the best work I can execute during the time span we were given. A storyboard is definitely needed to be able to organize my thoughts as well as Daniels but we have busy schedules as well.

I found the perfect article on managing time for production to see the time span I need for each element of our film. When a schedule is made the rule to any great film is add 10%. There are always drawbacks to every scene during production. Maybe the lights stop working or the sound is off or maybe the shot is blurry. 10% of the calculated time should be added on because there is no perfect day and mistakes will happen.

Also, I have found a great app that allows for effective planning and it is called Shot Lister. It is specifically made for filmmakers and many professional filmmakers use it to keep on track. This app is available in the App Store.

This is what the app looks like and it is very simple to use:

Image result for shot lister

I have downloaded this app to begin scheduling days to shoot during spring break. 

Sources:

App of the Week-Shot Lister. (2013, November 08). Retrieved March 18, 2018, from 
              http://garrettbrobinson.com/app-of-the-week-shot-lister/

Z. (2016, September 13). How to Plan an Effective Shooting Schedule. Retrieved March 18, 2018, 
              from https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/how-to-plan-an-effective-shooting-
              schedule/


No comments:

Post a Comment

annnnnddd...... that's a wrap

We finally finished, here's the finished product: