Saturday, April 7, 2018

Mise-en-scene

Being able to recreate 50's themed settings and people can be quite difficult and I believe that it is the most important aspect of our film opening: making our audience feel as if they were in the 50's.

Since we are on a low budget, Johnny Rockets was able to give us permission to shoot our film at their restaurant. My blogposts have been centered around the clothing and setting of the film opening because I want to be able to perfect it. I have already mastered the make-up but I was having trouble with the hair aspect of this film. I was looking for videos on youtube that indicated step-by-step on how to complete a 50's updo and here is what I found:

See the source image












Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uePg9jUZsto

This tutorial caught my attention because it was Marilyn Monroe's iconic hairstyle. Marilyn Monroe set an example in society with her great success in her time as well as the demonstration of more skin which was not accepted in society during this time period. Her use of "revealing" dresses and multiple marriages as well as countless scandals was a big change in this time and I believed this helped progress with the assimilation of women into a more equal society. She is an iconic figure in my generation as well, amongst the millenial women not as much for men. I decided to verify if this hairstyle was used by Marilyn Monroe and was able to find an article that states that Marilyn used retro waves which is the look that the youtube video was achieving. 


Sources:
picture: blogpost.com
video: youtube.com
(no citation available in APA format, one is a video and the other a blog)









































No comments:

Post a Comment

annnnnddd...... that's a wrap

We finally finished, here's the finished product: