Sunday, March 25, 2018

Dress-up!!

I was finding it difficult to find clothing from the 50s but then I realized that there was definetly more to women in the 50s than just red lipstick, bandanas and diamonds so  I decided to do some research on the matter. I found a very informative infographic on how women dressed during this time period. Circle dresses were common to make the waist appear much smaller with the use of padding. For a waitress, my character, I imagine the circle dress on with a white apron. I believe that the way she dresses is important to accentuate the setting as well as the type of person she is as well as her income status. It develops the character as a whole.




Sources:

What Did Women Wear in the 1950s? (2018, February 14). Retrieved March 23, 2018, from 
               https://vintagedancer.com/1950s/1950s-fashion-women-get-look/

No comments:

Post a Comment

annnnnddd...... that's a wrap

We finally finished, here's the finished product: