Sunday, March 11, 2018

Introducing a Story

For the short film, I believe it would be a better choice to introduce the main character of the opening film. Picture this; a young hispanic woman waiting on tables frantically but always with a smile on her face and with happy music in the background. It reminds of a movie that brings nostalgia and I believe that in film-making it is important for the audience to feel the nostalgia as well.  I read a well-written article about  character development and the connection between the character and the audience. The audience should be able to feel what the character is feeling and feel sympathy or anger or happiness. In my film opening I want the audience to laugh and when the character stumbles the audience feels the embarrassment as well. It all ties back to prior moments that we have all had in our life and we can relate. If there is no connection with the characters it is a poor movie. I want to make sure I incorporate this concept into my opening.

I was watching movies over the weekends and I could not help but feel a connection to the character in the movie A Cinderella Story . Every emotion she felt, I could remember and relive the same moment which caused me to feel the same way. This was the perfect teen based movie that describes what I am trying to convey in this blog post.


                                                        I suggest to only view 00:00 to 01:35 of this clip,
                                                           A Cinderella Story ;Via: youtube.com

Sources:

Alderson, M. (n.d.). Connecting with Audiences Through Character Emotions. 
        Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://www.writersstore.com/connecting-with-audiences- 
        through-character-emotions/


No comments:

Post a Comment

annnnnddd...... that's a wrap

We finally finished, here's the finished product: