Sunday, March 4, 2018

I'm STUCK

Trying to come up with innovative ideas on my film opening has led to redundant thoughts.  I guess you can call it writer's block. During work or during school I find myself thinking of a plot and it all reminds me of previously made movies. In psychology, we were presented with the idea that the mind cannot make-up a face and the faces we conjure up in our dreams are people we have seen on the train or on the streets. I feel as if the same goes for film or at least that's how my brain is understanding it.

Instead of dwelling I have come up with a mixture of all of my favorite films and television series and have decided to take inspiration and elements from all pieces. This put a positive spin on my "writer's block" or shall I say, "plot block" ? Has a nice ring to it. Here is a couple of movies and television series that have caught my attention this past weekend:

-Dexter (a classic)
-Clueless
-Everything Sucks
-A Cinderella Story 

I'm leaning towards a more "teenage" story but with drama and bringing the real "tea" to my film opening. Moreover, my partner Daniel has been gravitating towards music since that's his passion and  I would want to combine these two ideas into an amazing one. I will keep you posted on our progress but there is definitely greatness to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

annnnnddd...... that's a wrap

We finally finished, here's the finished product: